Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Libraries = Learning Organizations Part 2

On August 13, the Idaho Commission for Libraries held its second online conference in the Libraries = Learning Organization series. It was a great success. Go to the Libraries = Learning Organization link to view the archives and handouts.

Golden nuggets and questions from participants:

  • We are great self-directed learners, if we need or want to learn it!
  • If I stop learning, I am not as bale to help student or faculty.
  • Formal online education with required posts and assignments, keeps me focused.
  • Learning cohorts really make a difference -- getting together with others to learn / take a class.
  • Going to encourage more widespread learning opportunities for our whole team.
  • We have to adapt to the teaching styles of others.
  • Being aware of my learning style makes me more aware of other's learning styles.
  • Supervisors in learning organizations are more like coaches, mentors, leaders.
  • Can someone become a self-directed learner if it's not their natural style?
  • I wonder how many library staff have a read/write learning style?
  • How does my learning style afftect my feelings about online learning?

No comments:

Post a Comment